Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I can't help it...

I found this to be so hilarious that I had to leave the room so that I wouldn't disturb my co-workers.

The Overheard in New York line that I found most funny is the 'black guy with guitar' one. I don't think I'll ever be able to listen to that song ever again without laughing!

Wednesday One-Liners Watch AZN
Teacher: So, for the most part you guys had really low participation grades. Then they made me sit through some psychology workshop entitled 'The Asian Teen and Why They're So Quiet.' After that, I raised everyone's grade.

--Bronx Science

Overheard by: LSB

Lady with accent, to toddler: I don't know about Asians... He just fell over, and they don't even care! They're just gonna leave them there!

--Faye's Starbucks, Washington Square

Overheard by: Sydney M

White mom taking photo of Chinese seven-year-old daughter: Honey, open your eyes! Wider! Open your eyes, dear!

--Times Square

Black guy with guitar: Hey! Hey you! This song I'm gonna sing is for you, Chinese girl. [Sings] Everybody was kung fu fighting, [yells and chops the air] boom, bam! Thank you. Thank you all! I accept pennies, nickels, dimes, iPods, wallets, cellphones, sunglasses, your first born, your mama, credit cards and Asians.

--1 train

Overheard by: Brina Guild

Nerd: You can tell how good a testing location is by the ratio of people to Asians.

--Line for SATs, Martin Luther King Jr. High

Guy, regarding VA Tech: It's not right -- Asians aren't serial killers. If they were, there wouldn't be so many people in China. [Friends stare silently.] What? Too soon?

--NYU

Overheard by: evil new york


via Overheard in New York, Jul 25, 2007


I hope this didn't offend anyone. It was something to break up the typical tone this blog has taken lately.

No comments: