Monday, July 2, 2007

Almost ready to pack it in...

I'm just about ready to call it quits on all of my blogs (and most of my Internet activities). I haven't been on this one in two months, and I think I used my other, non-MySpace blog once in the past month. I haven't blogged on MySpace much except to explain my absence.

What's the point, anyway?

I can talk about my endeavors to try to get into grad school to get a PhD, or I can bitch about how hostile I feel towards the Wii, the iPhone, Mac users, and people who are willing to spend $600 on a phone but complain that the PS3 is too expensive...except that I'll get over the whole iPhone & Mac thing soon (enjoy your products, but I have the right to be hostile when you're smug), I'll never like the Wii but I'm okay with that, and I'm waiting until winter of '08 to get a PS3 because we're always broke & out t.v. sucks. If you knew how often I used my Virgin Mobile phone, you would never suggest that I give the iPhone a chance because I don't need a phone with all those bells and whistles that I can't afford any damn way.

I may reconsider my extended hiatus after I finally get all the music I want loaded onto my Sansa mp3 player [I will not own a iPod, I will not own one, Kay I am]. Maybe I'll have some time to actually do stuff online instead of what it boils down to now; posting when I'm distracted from doing other, more important things.

I don't think anybody really reads this. It doesn't really matter one way or the other.

Before I forget: Live Free or Die Hard sucked! Bruce Willis was excellent in it & that jerk who plays Silent Bob was the only other actor who didn't get on my nerves at one point or another in it. It would've been a better movie if it had followed my mathematical equation for action enjoyment: For an action movie to be considered a 'great' one, it must have a balance of good plot and action. If the plot is weak, there must be more action to compensate (and erase the memory of the plot from the viewer, leaving the pleasant memory of mindless violence). Because this movie was PG-13, it had less action to ease away memories of a bad plot and irritating villians. That, and it allowed them to utter 'shit' about 40 times. It's kind of funny that the last Die Hard movie used 'fuck' in an R film far less times than the s-word in this one. There was less swearing 12 years ago because the plot/action balance was in place. There's something to be said for that (and it may end up on other blogs, as I would like others to read about this).

I'm very hesitant on the next movie we're planning to see (Transformers). I think I told my husband that every time Hollywood takes something from my childhood and repackages it, it's like they're ripping my veins out of my arms, placing them back and saying "enjoy!". STOP REPACKAGING MY CHILDHOOD! I'm not sure this is going to be any good but, like everything else I dislike these days, it'll be a huge success.

I'm actually surprised at the number of movies I've seen in the theater this year. I think I've seen more films in the theater this year than I have in the past three, and there are more to come. Like Rush Hour 3.

LFoDH was the first film I paid to see this year that I really didn't like. Let's hope that's not a trend that will continue.

I'm out of here, gentle reader, not certain of when I will return. Take care of yourself...because I highly doubt there's more than one of you out here.

If you feel the need to comment, I will be checking in from time to time to see if anyone does. I'm also on MySpace and Facebook; but odds are slim (MySpace) to none (Facebook) that you'll catch me on for more than 5 minutes.

Oh, and Fantastic Four actually did fit my mathematical quotient. It's not meant to be something better than it is; accept it and all will be well.

Sayonara (I've been studying Kanji, btw, and I've learned 21/45 so far)!

3 comments:

Galoot said...

You might get some more comments and visitors now that you've commented on Preppy Girl's site about Christmas Story. She has a nice circle of blogger friends who'll probably be reading your posts. I'm Preppy's husband by the way. Liked your post too! You sound like a female version of my buddy Ian (late 20's, into video games, movies, intelligent, all that jazz).

I'll be visiting again!

PreppyGirl said...

Don't go away! I only just found you!

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

Awww...thank you. Now I'm blushing XD