Thursday, July 12, 2007

Damn eBay snipers

I just lost a bid on a Sailor Moon Art Book that I've been trying to get for years, all because someone waited until 30 seconds before the end to put in a bid. They had to bid twice (because I had a higher bid on their first try), so I scrambled to put in a higher bid to keep them from getting it, but it came a few seconds too late.

I know there are a lot of people who think that's part of the fun of eBay. I'm not one of those people.

If I had dial-up, I'd never win anything because the page wouldn't load fast enough.

I have Sailor Moon Art Books I-IV and the Materials Collection (commonly sold as book VI) and I have no interest in book infinity [A doujinshi (fan art) book published by the artist, Takeuchi Naoko, with a limited number of books available] because it's too damn expensive, so all I need to complete my Art Book collection is Book V. I sometimes feel I'll never get that book.

At one point, Book infinity was on eBay more often than Book V (which is from the last season of the Sailor Moon series, featuring the Sailor Moon cast drawn in the manga-style of the creator)...and it seems like those days are here again. It's so damn difficult to get a bid on it & babysit the site in the closing minutes just to get the chance to make the seller a little bit richer. Especially since I don't exactly have money to throw at this type of luxury (My losing bid was in the upper $80s. If I had gotten in my last bid, I might've gotten it for $91 if the other bidder hadn't bid even higher).

I have increasing doubts that I'm ever going to get this book, and it's f*cking frustrating, but there's not much I can do about it except hope that, one day, my time will come.

No comments: