Monday, August 18, 2008

Baby Shower Images



Well, I finally got around to uploading the images from my baby shower. I decided to use Photobucket and a slideshow feature to put the images online because I wasn't feeling up to doing something more interesting/difficult. That, and I don't think I'll exceed my bandwidth because my blog visit counts are usually pretty low. That being said, if I do by some bizarre happenstance exceed my bandwidth, I'll find another way to post these images online.

For some reason, the last line of the mosaic is a repeat of the first line of images, so you can ignore those [Edit: The pictures on the far right are being cropped by the layout of the webpage, but 98% of the image appears when you move you mouse over it, so sorry about that]. My mother is the pretty lady in the sleeveless outfit, and she is seated next to my mother in law. My two girlfriends who came (who I can never thank enough!) are seated next to the young lady in blue who stepped in to make sure that the shower wasn't completely controlled by the older women. One of the girls will be having a baby in January, and the other (who was mistaken for my sister) kept cracking jokes and went on a rant about the teddy bear with no eyes...in front of the woman who made it!

I think the best line came from my mom during the baby food eating contest: "I feel sorry for babies. No wonder they spit this stuff out."

2 comments:

David Dust said...

Yeeeeaaaaaahhhhhh!!! Pictures!!!!

Darling - I know it's a cheesy thing to say - but you DO look a little "glowy". It looks like a nice time. And that cake looked GOOD.

"Baby Food Eating Contest"... ? ...

Now I want some pics of Aunt Krayzee!...

XOXOXOXO

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

The cake had a layer of banana ice cream and strawberry ice cream...but I ate the banana layer before I took the picture (Thank you, Cold Stone!).

We only had two games for the party, and the torturous one was making people sample baby food. I've played it before and that stuff is gross!

Aunt Krayzee...well, she's another story.