Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Two More Tidbits

Borders is going back to running its own web retailing, but what upset me in this article is that Borders may be selling and Barnes and Noble may be interested in buying the chain. I love Borders and I don't really care for B&N. I have a tendency to like stores where I feel like more than just a run-of-the-mill customer. Unfortunately, my track-record with stores like these has been that my preferred store goes out of business. Prime example: Media Play. I loved that store with a passion, and the employees knew me by name. They even had leather seats so that my husband had somewhere to read his Dungeons and Dragons books while I ran around like a kid in a candy store. Of course, the Best Buy people won out as their store still exists while mine went the way of the Do Do. Is it wrong to like a store that will sell more than just the newest releases? Anyway, if B&N buys Borders, I'll be heartbroken.

Moving on...

Here's a real humdinger: If the Japanese are worried that their children are on cell phones too much, there's a serious problem here. This is the country that is all about technology, and they're the ones who are worried that the kids are on their phones too much. I see this as the litmus test that should be a warning to all parents everywhere. However, I know nobody's going to pay attention to this, so I'm not going to give it too much thought.

Alright. Back to the salt mines!

No comments: