Sunday, March 11, 2007

Taking a sick day

I was supposed to be at church to rehearse at 9 a.m., but my body finally said that it had had enough. I couldn't get myself out of bed (and I tried), so my husband brought me a can of Vernors, a bucket, and told me to go back to sleep. I didn't; I ended up making the bed and sweeping the bedroom floor. I'm hardheaded about taking care of myself, so it shouldn't be a surprise that I didn't go back to sleep.

Part of the reason I'm not in bed now is because I don't want to make him sick with whatever it is that I have.

Yesterday was an exercise in frustration, however; between my violent mood swings and my problems with getting my plates transferred to a new car, I'm surprised that I made it through the day without getting arrested. I went to the BMV to transfer my plates to my new car & everything was going well until I get to the counter and find out that there is a hold on my plates due to some unpaid parking tickets. I was a little upset with the people there for telling me this, but that's not the part the bothers me the most. What is most irksome is the time system that the BMV is on versus the time for the parking ticket bureau. The Bureau of Motor Vehicles is open from 10 to 12 on Saturdays (it was 12:15 when I was told of my problem). The place where I had to pay my parking tickets is open from 8 to 7. If I had known of the problem with these tickets, I could've [theoretically] gone there first, and then the BMV. The only problem is that it takes a day for the fax to be received by the BMV and for them to process it. My temporary plates are expiring today, so I have to go to the place on Monday morning to make my plates official.

My run-ins with a pedestrian will be chronicled some other time (or place).

No comments: