Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Can't you feel the brand new day?

Yes, I know it's a late post. Obama won the election and I'm elated. I'm also a student way behind on projects with an incredibly fussy 2-month-old who isn't happy with anyone or (just about) anything at the moment, so I haven't had a chance to post about the election.

Until now.

Here's a video of what popped into my mind when I found out the results. Unlike the rest of the world, I didn't watch the results. I didn't jump up and down (although I was a bit relieved), but it made going to class a lot easier because there was no hostility on campus [I was an undergrad back during the 2000 elections and almost got into it with a butthole in my French class the day after the election....A campus of 60,000 spoke in hushed tones all day that day.].



I wish this had been the actual footage from the scene, but this was as close as I could get.

2 comments:

Angel said...

man I loved "The Wiz"!!!

sorry to hear about a fussy baby..I feel ya. My oldest boy was sooooo fussy. I had to rock him in the rocking chair..HARD..while bouncing him on my choulder..HARD..rock and bounce. rock and bounce. and he STILL cried all the time. He slept about 2-4 hours A DAY. Yep, you read that right. BUT...he is one of THE smartest people I know....so that is one thing to look forward to!! ;)

SailorAlphaCentauri said...

Well, that gives me a sense of relief!