Sunday, January 6, 2008

Everything changes

I just got a call from my mother at 8 this morning telling me that my grandmother passed away. It was very sudden and unexpected, so I'm going up to Cleveland with my husband and I don't know when I'll be back. I have to pick up my older brother on the way, so we'll have to call him once we get close because I don't remember what highway exit he'll be on.

If you knew this woman, you would've been in awe as to the kind of strength she had. She was the person that I feared, loved, and most wanted to be like. She was a teacher, a mother of three, grandmother of three, great-grandmother of one [I never got to give her a great-grandchild, and that is going to weigh heavily on me.

This probably means that grad school is out of the question, but I'm not sure yet.

I don't know when I'll be back.

No comments: