Friday, September 21, 2007

What I need is time, what I get is...

business, I guess. I've been too busy with trying to get ready to take the GRE and other things in life that I haven't been able to blog. I'm sorry.

I'm hoping to be able to put up entries about Dragon*con, as well as other things of interest, but I don't know when I'll have the time.

Maybe on Wednesday, after I get back from Brook Park and my *gulp* court date.

Instead, I'll briefly regale you with the story of the missing mp3 player.

I was asked to participate in a quartet for church last week, and I went to rehearsal on Thursday (unknowingly) with my Sansa 2gig mp3 player attached to my belt by my Hello Kitty pouch. The snap closure had been acting funny lately, so it must have come loose when I was driving to the church. I was looking for a way in when the choir director's boyfriend opened one of the side doors at the bottom of a hill to let me in. It is at that point that the pouch fell off, but I didn't notice because I didn't know I had even brought it with me and (which was probably my biggest mistake) I had taken off my headphones, which would've jerked around my neck to let me know I had dropped it.

Well, I assumed that the player was on my living room table with the headphones and I didn't look for it until I was leaving for the UNCF walk on Saturday. I was supposed to meet my team at 9:00am for the group photo. I didn't leave the house until 9:45 tearing it apart for the player. I finally asked my husband to call the church and to call the interim pastor. I figured that if I lost it there, maybe they would know something about it. I ended up doing the walk with my old, reliable, Memorex mp3 player, but I still fretted about my Sansa.

We got calls back from the interim pastor saying that a member of the church found a gray item and gave it to her. Unfortunately, she got it on Friday and proceeded to leave it on a table where it could've been during the BREAD meeting [some interfaith bible study that was meeting at our church], and I figured someone took it during that meeting and that I would never see the mp3 player again. I was upset over the loss of money for the player, but I was a little more upset about losing the Hello Kitty thing, because it was a one-of-a-kind, handmade item I bought on eBay that couldn't be replaced. We then get a call from the son of the person who found it in the first place and told us that it was in the church safe.

After trying in vain to get the item back earlier this week, I finally got it back on Thursday evening after choir rehearsal.

Funny enough, though, I haven't used it for more than 5 minutes since I got it back. My head hurts and I have a terrible cold, and I really shouldn't have come in to work today, but I'm here and I'm trying to get some work done...or at least keep my eyes open.

No comments: